Thursday 10 April 2014

Ten days



These 10 days, when the Palestinian women came to London for the project women in action, I discovered and learned a lot of new things. I enjoyed hearing about their personal stories and I think that it was a good idea to ask them to speak about their own life and not only about the general situation in Palestine. 

I think that the week-end in Northampton was a really good beginning. The residential was a good place to get to know each other. I was with them most of the time they spent in England, so I learned to know them a bit. I also liked this aspect of the project: sharing random conversations while we were walking with them in the streets for example was also a way for me to learn more about Palestinian culture and the situation there. We had a lot of moments for sharing our different experiences and stories and I really appreciate that. I also likde all the cultural demonstrations they made for us such as Palestinian cooking, or traditional dance and clothes and craft. 


There are some other  things that I appreciated less. For example, because I was part of the project most of the time, I listened to the same stories the girls were telling to new people on each evening. So I found the different evening events too similar and I would have preferred maybe a bigger event which gathered all the different twinning links or more differences between events or more stories from the girls. 

Most of time the method of communication was talks. I think it’s also good to use different media such as movies or music (explaining a song about the situation for example) because it lets people discover more by themselves. Sometimes I didn’t really understand the point of some activities  for example when we visited the local library in Brent or when we made puppets but we didn’t use them.


I have a good memory of this week and I am very happy to have met all these people thanks to this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment